Vegan Coconut Cream Ganache
Firm enough to frost a cake; enough to cover one 8"x4" cake
- 20 oz dark chocolate chopped into small pieces
- 13 oz by weight coconut cream, Thai Kitchen,Trader Joe’s or Savoy
- Heat coconut cream in a saucepan over medium heat until the cream at the sides of the pan just starts to bubble.
- Pour over chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Agitate the bowl to make sure all the chocolate is covered with cream. Let it sit for a minute. Agitate the bowl again. Start stirring slowly with a whisk from the center of the bowl out. Continue to stir until a smooth, glossy ganache is formed. If there are still pieces of unmelted chocolate then heat in the microwave at 15-second intervals until melted and the ganache is completely smooth.
- Let the ganache sit, uncovered and at room temp, for 8-10 hours or until the consistency of peanut butter is reached. It is then ready to use for frosting a cake.